This page highlights my learning and personal development path for my self directed education into leadership. I certainly don't know it all, however, I have a strong desire to be the best leader and mentor I can where ever I am at. Leadership and I mean real leadership is something earned over years of hard work and character building and is easily lost through the misuse of that leadership.
Personality and Leadership Profile
- Color Profile: Yellow / Red / Blue / White
- Greek Profile: Sanguine / Choleric / Melancholy / Phlegmatic
- Strategic - People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternate ways to proceeed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the releant patterns and issues.
- Arranger - People who are especially talented in the Arranger theme can organize, but they also have a flexibility that complements this ability. They like to figure out how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
- Intellection - People who are especially talented in the intellection theme are characteried by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
- Responsibility - People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
- Futuristic - People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
I have had the opportunity to work in various agile companies since 2009. My first experience with the Agile started while working for Microsoft. Since then I each company that I have worked for has utilized one form or another of the Agile methodologies. While working for Swipeclock they decided to invest in our team by training all of us in Agile. We each received our Scrum Master certification through the Platinum Edge training program. Since then I have assisted in maintaining and keeping Agile practices where ever I have been. While at Academy Mortgage I was asked to be one of their Scrum Master’s and create training for our teams and Scrum Masters.My Scrum Master Deck >>
As I have grown in my experience as a Software Engineer I have sought opportunities to be a leader among my peers. As a part of that career path I have been able to function in the capacity as a development lead. It has been a wonderful introduction into the area of leadership and team management and I look forward for further opportunities as I grow in my career.
Qualtiy Assurance Lead
While working for the LDS Church's ICS department in their Content and Media division I had the choice opportunity to help mentor and train an Intern in the art and skills of Software Quality Assurance and automation testing. Having the chance to help mentor was an absolute blast and I look forward to functioning in that capacity in the future.
Programs and Training
3 Key Elements
- Master your Influence
- Present Yourself
- The Art of Mentoring
- The Elite
- Scrum Master Certification
- The Magic of Thinking Big
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Jack Rabbit Factor
Seminars and Audios of Note
Ditch Rider by Oliver DeMille
Two Year Service Mission
I spent two years, on a service mission serving and helping people in the Tempe and Mesa Arizona area. I also had the choice opportunity to work and serve among the Native American people on the Glia River Reservation. I followed a regular daily morning and evening routine. There were numerus service projects, opportunities of meeting and working with people on the street, and in their homes. It was hard work and well worth the time and lessons learned in completing it.